Council is proposing to establish a walking path within Gilleston Park, Balhannah
Following upgrades to Gilleston Park dog off-leash area, and subsequent community feedback, Council is proposing to establish a formal walking path within the park.
It is expected that this path will appeal to families and active community members looking for a formalised walking route around this public space.
The construction of a recognisable path was proposed as part of the initial upgrades to Gilleston Park, however was subject to funding at the time and did not proceed. Funding has now been made available and this aspect of the upgrade work can now be revisited.
- The proposed path is to be constructed away from housing and businesses located on Bridge Street
- The location has been selected to encourage full use of the park and take advantage of its natural attributes
- The path will be constructed with rubble to enable all weather usage
- The path will be approximately 1.5 metres wide
- Street furniture may be installed at a later stage along the pathway for use by park users (the extent of the street furniture will be dependent on funding and may be installed over a period of time)
Click here to download a map of the proposed walking path.
Have your say
This consultation closed on Monday 30 May 2016.
For further information please contact Project Manager Stephen Flinn on (08) 8408 0545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.