Lodging a development application
Residential Code development and checklists
Development fact sheets
Planning Institute of Australia (PIA) fact sheets
LODGING A DEVELOPMENT APPLICATION
of information is needed to assess applications, with some applications needing
more than others. All the required information should be submitted
when the application is lodged to avoid delay of the assessment.
RESIDENTIAL CODE DEVELOPMENT AND CHECKLISTS
The Residential Development Code simplifies planning approvals for some common forms of residential development.
In relation to new dwellings, only a small portion of the Adelaide Hills Council area is part of the Residential Code due to bushfire and waste control system requirements.
Read more about the Residential Development Code.
View Council's checklists for Residential Code developments
DEVELOPMENT FACT SHEETS
Further information regarding the development assessment process and other fact sheets can be found at the Department for Planning, Transport and Infrastructure.
Council has developed a number of checklists relating to different types of development. You can look over these topics on our Application forms, checklists, fees and information page.
PLANNING INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA (PIA) FACT SHEETS
The Planning Institute of Australia is a great resource for fact sheets (available topics are listed below).
Click here to visit the PIA SA Planning Fact Sheets webpage.
- What is planning?
- Do I need approval?
- Why do I need approval?
- What is development approval?
- What do I need to lodge an application?
- What else do I need to lodge an application?
- Where do I get help preparing my application?
- Applications lodged by builders
- What are the types of development?
- Can I apply for a Non-complying development?
- How are applications assessed?
- What process will my application follow?
- What is public notification?
- Representations - Objections to an application
- What are referrals?
- What is the Development Plan?
- What is zoning and why are there different requirements in different areas?
- How do I get the Development Plan changed?
- Costs associated with Development Assessment
- Where can I get plans drawn?
- What is CDAP?
- How long will my application take?
- What is the process for a land division? - Urban
- What is the process for a land division? - Regional
- Glossary, Key terms used in the planning process