FREE TIP VOUCHERS
Three tip vouchers per property will be provided, upon request, to all properties within the fire scar area regardless of damage. Each voucher entitles the resident to dispose of one trailer load of general waste or green organics waste free of charge. Mixed loads are accepted with the request that separation is as easy as possible upon disposal.
Vouchers are not intended for items covered by insurance, e.g. damaged/destroyed dwellings, structures, and other large assets and will not cover tyres, asbestos, mattresses, large blocks of concrete, large logs, or permapine posts. In addition, loose paper, plastic, concrete, and car bodies will not be accepted at the Springton location.
Tip vouchers are accepted at four locations:
- Heathfield Resource Recovery Centre, 32 Scott Creek Road, Heathfield
- Springton Transfer Station located at Springton to Williamstown Road, Springton
- Northern Adelaide Waste Management Authority Transfer Station, Gate 3 Bellchambers Road, Edinburgh North
- Northern Adelaide Waste Management Authority Transfer Station, 63-75 Research Road, Pooraka
Opening times are printed on vouchers. Vouchers need to be handed to gate attendants at time of waste delivery.
To request your tip vouchers:
Residents who live in the Cudlee Creek fire scar area should call Council on 8408 0400 with the following details. Vouchers will be mailed to your postal address.
- Property address
- Contact number
- Postal address for vouchers (if required)
The expiry date of vouchers has been extended to 30 June 2021.
Vouchers with the 31 July 2020 expiry date will be honoured through to 30 June 2021; no new voucher is required.
^ Back to top
FREE STEEL DISPOSAL OPTIONS
Residents with damaged steel on their properties are invited to dispose of domestic quantities for free at the Heathfield Resource Recovery Centre, 32 Scott Creek Road Heathfield.
Sims Metal has also offered fire-affected residents a 10-40m3 skip bin at no delivery/collection cost, with payment for metal collected. Click here for a full list of what is accepted.
Two days' notice is required for skip delivery. Please call Matt Searcy to make your booking: 0401 146 794.
^ Back to top
FREE PLASTIC TANK AND IRRIGATION PIPE DISPOSAL
YCA Recycling will accept plastic tanks and plastic irrigation pipe free of charge under the following conditions.
- Tanks/pipes cannot be contaminated with excessive dirt, timbers etc. (Melted plastic without contamination is acceptable)
- Photos of the plastic waste should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org marked "Attention: Gary"
- Gary will provide confirmation of drop off details after assessing the photos
- Upon confirmation, residents can take the plastic waste to YCA Recycling, 16-20 Johannssen Road Wingfield.
Plastic tanks and pipes that are not suitable to be recycled via YCA Recycling will need to be disposed of via the methods below.
- Heathfield Resource Recovery Centre, 32 Scott Creek Road, Heathfield.
- Call the Centre on 8339 4323 to discuss any fees and suitable drop off times before taking waste.
- Brinkley Waste and Recycling Facility, 527 Brinkley Road Murray, Bridge.
- Call the Facility on 8532 6385 to discuss any fees and suitable drop off times before taking waste.
HARD WASTE COLLECTIONS
To assist with household cleanup from the Cudlee Creek Fire, affected residents can access a free kerbside hard waste collection upon request. Dates dedicated to the fire-affected area were scheduled for Friday 7 and 14 February 2020.
Please visit EastWaste's website or call on 8347 5111 for more details about making a booking. Please advise staff that this is a fire-affected hard waste collection.
A maximum of 2m x 1m x 1m / 1 trailer load of items can be placed kerbside for collection. Residents in the fire-affected area who have already had a hard waste collection this financial year are entitled to a second free collection of this size. Residents in the fire-affected area who have not had a hard waste collection this financial year are entitled to a double-sized collection. Please discuss this with EastWaste when making your booking.
This collection is only for general hard waste and not for insurance claim waste, e.g. damaged/destroyed dwellings, structures and other large assets. All material must be able to be lifted by two people, and can be no longer than 2m in length. Click here for further information on what is accepted for a kerbside collection.
^ Back to top