Four sections of Adelaide Hills roads have been included in Federal funding for Black Spots, as announced recently by The Hon Michael McCormack MP.
Projects to be undertaken by Council with this funding come to a total of $551,000, with an additional project by the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) worth $269,000 included in the announcement.
Council's Black Spot projects are located at:
- Martin Hill Road, Forreston (2-3.2km west of Warren Road)
- Ironbank Road, Ironbank (800m section from Wooly Butt Road to Nioka Road)
- Ridge Road, Mylor (800m section between Boyle Swamp Road and Bradbury Road), and
- Checker Hill Road, Kersbrook (1.6km west of Forreston Road).
Further, the Black Spot project to be undertaken by DPTI is located at:
- Mount Lofty Summit Road, Crafers (1.3km north of the South Eastern Freeway).
More information can be found by reading the Federal media release on this funding.